There are many reasons you need to know how to lift a water heater into a pan. One of the most familiar things is that it will be easier to work on. Another reason could be that you need to replace an element or put in some insulation and don’t want to do so while the water heater is still on its feet. Whatever you’re reasoning for doing this if you’re not sure how we’ll help you out! So, here we will talk about how to lift a water heater into pan.
How to Lift a Water Heater into Pan?
Lifting a water heater into a pan requires a delicate touch. You’ll want to make sure that you don’t drop it and damage the tank.
- The first thing we’d like you to do is turn off the power supply, as well as the gas line if your heater isn’t electric.
- Next, disconnect any water lines or fuel sources attached to your appliance; they should be obvious enough for you not to need instructions.
- Bring the water heater to where you’re planning on setting it up, and place a block underneath to keep it from rolling around as you work.
- Then, bring out your appliance dolly with one end resting against the bottom of the tank.
- Make sure that there is no pressure in the tank by opening the relief valve at the top of the water heater.
- Now, place another block on top of your appliance dolly with one end of it resting against the bottom side of the tank; this will give you something to push up on as well as prevent scratching or damage from occurring during transportation.
- Next, pull out all connected hoses and wires before slowly beginning to lift the tank off its feet.
- Slide it forward simply by pushing against one end of the appliance dolly with your knee while you use both hands to keep steady on top. Once in position, slide the bottom block under the water heater; this will ensure that when you lower it down onto a pan or floor mat, there’s no damage to the appliance or your work area.
- Now, lower the tank down onto a pan that you’ve lain out on the floor and use some rags in between if you’re worried about scratching it up.
- Once set down, remove all dolly blocks from underneath before reconnecting any wires or lines previously disconnected.
- Then, all you have to do is turn the gas and power back on, reconnect any other appliances or devices if needed, and wait for it to fill up before turning it on.
- Now that you know how easy it is to lift a water heater into a pan, feel free to contact us with questions about your appliance! We can help to get it up and running in no time at all!
Why lifting a water heater into a pan is important?
Being able to lift a water heater into a pan can be helpful for many reasons.
- One of the most common is that it’s easier to work on the tank when it is raised off the floor.
- Another reason could be that you need to replace an element or put in some insulation and don’t want to do so while it’s still on its feet.
- Also, lifting a water heater into a pan will prevent any damage from occurring to the appliance or work area.
When should you never lift a water heater into a pan?
Never lift a water heater into a pan if there is pressure in the tank.
This could lead to dangerous situations and cause serious damage, so always make sure that you’ve released all of it before attempting this process.
This is also why we recommend letting a professional do this for you if it seems too difficult. However, if there is no pressure in the tank, feel free to lift your water heater into a pan by yourself!
How to lift a water heater into a pan with an appliance dolly?
Lifting a water heater into a pan can be tricky, so using an appliance dolly is the best way. Using the doll will help you keep steady on top of the tank as you push it forward.
Why should you contact us for help lifting your water heater?
If you’re not precisely sure how to safely lift a water heater into a pan, we recommend contacting an appliance professional for help.
We can guide you on everything from preparing your workspace to ensuring that it’s lifted properly not to damage anything or put yourself in danger. Our technicians are standing by 24/365! And they’ll be happy to help you!
We have the knowledge, tools, and expertise needed to help you get your water heater up off the floor!
So contact we today and we’ll get you back up and running in no time! You can do this via contact form on our website.
FAQs: How to Lift a Water Heater into Pan
How heavy is a water heater? How much does it weigh?
If you’re wondering how heavy the average water heater is, here’s some good news. They’re not that heavy at all, especially when you consider they hold several gallons of water!
How much does a 50-gallon tank weigh?
50-gallon water heater tanks typically weigh in at around 110 pounds when they’re empty.
How much does a water heater weigh when it’s full of water?
When a 50-gallon tank is filled with around 30 gallons of water, it’s much heavier – around 220 pounds!
If you’re not sure how to lift a water heater, we can help! Our team of professionals will make the process easy and painless.
When it comes to lifting a heavy object, there are many reasons for doing so. But whatever you’re reasoning is, if you don’t know what you’re doing or have never done this before, our pros are here to walk with you through every step. We’ll get that water tank lifted from its feet in no time at all!