A water heater is an essential item in every house; you may use a gas (tank or tankless) or an electric water heater. You may like to know about the leading brands and the debate between them, including AO Smith water heater vs. Rheem.
The water heater quality is counted based on some facts; the article will differentiate between the two top brands. However, you can’t underestimate any one of these; the water heaters have almost the same profile among people.
Therefore, we should concentrate on those brands’ each detail, including pros and cons; moreover, make it easy for you to choose one.
Look at the Brief Detail about Both Companies
AO Smith Water Heater
The company reached the top position within a short time (probably 30 years) with its water heaters and treatment plants. It has a massive annual turnover; they are not versatile but maintain quality in the limited products.
AO Smith water heater reviews are also pretty good on the Internet, especially on Amazon, making it globally famous. The rating is probably 4.7 out of 5-stars, which is excellent; they maintain the quality of raw materials and manufacturing processes.
Rheem Water Heater
The Rheem Company is serving people for over 100 years with its versatile water heaters and coolers; the brand originated from the US. Its products are affordable, and the customers get many options, making the brand popular.
However, many experts and plumbers recommend the tankless and electric water heaters from Rheem.
Let’s see the best water heater models from AO Smith and Rheem; check the best selling products’ list:
- AO Smith 40-Gallon (Short) Natural Gas Water Heater (6-Years)
- AO Smith (Tall) 50-Gallon Natural Gas Water Heater (12-Years)
- ATIO-910 Non-condensing Water Heater (Tankless)
- AO Smith Custom Commercial Booster Solar Tank
- Rheem Heating Chamber RTEX-13 Tankless Water Heater (Residential & 240V)
- Rheem RTEX-24 Electric Tankless Water Heater (24kW & 24V)
- Professional Classic Power Vent Rheem Electric Water Heater
They are the top-ranked water heaters from AO Smith and Rheem; you can choose the best suitable one for personal or commercial usage.
Find out the AO Smith Water Heater vs. Rheem Primary Differences
- Both companies are at the neck to neck competition; 22% of total experts recommend the Rheem water heaters. On the other hand, 37% of total plumbers feel comfortable working with AO Smith.
- Rheem offers you a huge collection of their products, other than water heaters; moreover, they are practically beneficial. On the contrary, AO Smith is working only with water, not on air cooling or anything else like its competitor.
- AO Smith offers a more warranty period than Rheem; that makes it more reliable because it guarantees people and assures them.
- AO Smith is the best for the gas water heater (both tanked and tankless); on the other hand, Rheem provides you the best electric storage water heaters.
- You may look for the designs while buying a home appliance, even a water heater. However, both companies have nicely designed heaters, but Rheem is slightly ahead of AO Smith.
- Customer service is another important thing for a brand’s reputation; AO Smith has won many hearts despite being much younger than Rheem. The latter brand doesn’t provide satisfactory service as the previous one.
- Both Rheem and AO Smith water heaters are affordable, but the older brand is cheaper than the newer ones. Many people say the Rheem water heater’s price differs greatly due to warranty, but there’s no special function.
- Lastly, the question comes which one is more long-lasting among them? Both water heaters can last long if you carefully operate them and follow the manufacturers’ instructions in terms of their maintenance issues.
AO Smith vs. Rheem Comparison Table to Describe the Difference Briefly:
|AO Smith Water Heater||Rheem Water Heater|
|AO Smith hasn’t established a long ago; it started its journey before 30- years.||You can tag this brand an ancient one; the company was established in the early 20th century.|
|This company provides 6-12 years warranty on their products; it’s quite a long time.||Rheem gives 6-8 years warranty, which is less than its competitor.|
|AO Smith has fewer activities in the Asian region; it’s more famous in western countries.||Rheem has equal activities and delivery in Europe and Asia.|
|This brand provides the best quality water heaters for residential and commercial purposes.||This brand’s water heaters are more appropriate for households than commercial usage.|
|The manufacturers are specialized in producing water heaters and purifiers.||Rheem brand has a more massive business because it is not limited to manufacturing water heaters.|
|If you need a gas water heater, especially a tankless, you should get it from AO Smith.||Whenever you feel like buying an electric water heater, buy one from Rheem.|
|AO Smith is budget-friendly, but the cost depends on the model and its features.||Rheem provides quite affordable water heaters because they are almost identical.|
You can’t declare one of them as the best; which one is better depends on your needs. However, the chart shows each brand’s better sides compared to the other competitor.
What Brand of Water Heater Is the Most Reliable One?
The most reliable brands provide high-quality products at a reasonable price and deliver the best customer service. Being a leading brand is not easy; those who struggled a lot but maintained their motto got the top positions in the market.
Let’s look at the most reliable water heater brand’s list:
Choose your necessary water heater from any of these brands; compare the qualities and prices. You may take their websites’ help; moreover, you can check their product reviews on Amazon.
How long do AO Smith water heaters last?
If a water heater is functioning properly, it will last about 8 to 10 years. If your water heater leaks, you should replace it immediately because it could be a sign of other issues. Check with an expert like R & H Plumbing if you’re unsure. It’s important to note that there are many different factors that affect the lifespan of a water heater.
What should it cost to replace a water heater?
In short, it’s almost impossible to give a definitive answer. This is because prices vary depending on where you live, the size of your home, and whether or not you have access to free installation, among other things. According to HomeAdvisor, the average cost of replacing a water heater in the U.S. is $1,175.
Water heater repairs typically cost $400 to $500 to repair, install and get hot water flowing again. Replacing an old or broken water heater can be twice that depending on the type of water heater you choose to install.
How long will it take to get my water heater fixed?
Assuming there is a warranty for your existing water heater, it should only take one day to repair your existing water heater, with hot water flowing from the faucet by early evening.
You will know the primary differences between AO Smith and Rheem water heaters; the opinion must be yours about the better brand. Since both companies are performing well, the AO Smith water heater vs. Rheem will never end.
However, no matter what branded water you have bought, follow the instructions, and take care of it for using it for a long time. Please don’t neglect the heater’s importance, as you can’t think of your day without the home appliance.
Please save your money and energy by choosing the best water plant or heater for yourself; make the best use of it.